The 5th Avenue Café is a neighborhood landmark near The Willo Historic Home Community in Metro Phoenix. Opened in the early 1950’s, the restaurant operated originally as Upton’s, a well-known dining spot for Phoenix residents, politicians and celebrities. Local restaurateur Dee Bung purchased the business in 1964. Over the next several decades residents grew to love the new owner and her signature establishment, known as Dee’s. After many successful years, Dee retired and new owners renamed the restaurant the 5th Avenue Café.