Atlantic Moving & Storage Co., Inc. was launched into business in Atlanta, GA in 1966 by Ted Alger, an immigrant from Greece. Originally operating out of a 700 sq. ft. warehouse/office, Atlantic officially began as an agent for Wheaton Van Lines. Within four short years the company had grown to become the largest Wheaton agent and quickly realized that to continue to support the phenomenal growth that Atlantic was experiencing a change to a larger carrier would be necessary.
In 1970 Atlantic became an agent for NorthAmerican Van Lines and by the mid 1980's the company had expanded coast to coast and had risen to become the largest agent group for NorthAmerican. During the 90's Atlantic continued to grow, eventually moving the company affiliation from NorthAmerican over to Atlas Van Lines in 1997. This conversion became known as the largest van line agent conversion in history.Our Relationship with Atlas Van Lines
Atlas Van Lines became the carrier of choice for several reasons. First and foremost was agent ownership. Atlantic is one of many agents which own the van line. Additionally, Atlantic’s Ted Alger occupies a seat on the board of directors. Finally, Atlas' product mix most closely compliments the traditional product mix of Atlantic, with nearly 65% of household goods relocation sales coming from the corporate account market segment. Atlantic is extremely proud to be a part of the Atlas Van Lines family.Goals, Committments, Principles & Benefits
Atlantic Relocation Systems is a customer driven, quality focused organization comprised of innovative individuals working together to reach common goals. These goals along with the fundamental principles and beliefs of Atlantic Relocation Systems are stated below:Goals & Commitments
Principles & Beliefs
- To provide our customers with the finest quality of service available in our industry by exceeding customer expectations through a concentrated effort while focusing individual efforts on performing correctly the first time and every time.
- To continue to build a stable and secure company by obtaining a fair profit, by industry standards for the quality service we render, thus enabling our employees, customers, and vendors to have comfort in all of their interactions with us and share and join in our success.
- To provide a safe and enjoyable work environment fostering a spirit of cooperation amongst all of our people enabling us to reach our individual and common goals, and allowing us all to prosper in our endeavors and feel proud of our company and our business accomplishments.
- To maintain a philosophy of continuous quality improvement by providing for the perpetual training of our population, and by constantly communicating our quality resolve to each other and to our public.
- We believe in honest profits earned through honest work. We will not profit at the detrimental expense of others.
- We believe that our customers are the most important part of our business, and an honest customer is always right.
- We believe that our employees are our most precious resource, and their safety is our most important responsibility.
- We believe in providing equal opportunity to all people, and rendering non-discriminatory service to all customers.