The mission of National Paralegal College is to provide quality Internet-based education and training for students seeking careers in the paralegal field. NPC seeks to enable those students whose lifestyles lead them to opt for distance education to obtain comprehensive paralegal training and meet their educational goals without having to compromise on interactivity and academic quality.
The goals of National Paralegal College are:
- To provide students with a rigorous academic foundation as well as the career-oriented skills necessary to succeed in the paralegal workplace.
- To use technology in order to bring the interactivity of the brick-and-mortar school experience into the student's home or office.
- To create a collaborative online learning environment by encouraging class and message board participation by students and staff so that students can learn from each other as well as from faculty members.
- To give individual attention and instruction to each NPC student through the diligent efforts of involved and interested professors, teacher's assistants and student mentors.
- To encourage student learning in legal subjects by dynamic instruction that piques student interest in the subject matter.
- To prepare NPC students with the skills necessary to work as paralegals and legal assistants in any field of law in a law firm or corporate law department.
- To provide effective placement assistant services so that students can secure satisfying jobs in which they can make full use of their NPC education.
- To enable students to read, understand and interpret legal materials such as cases, statues, and other legal sources in a wide variety of contexts.
- To teach NPC students to find relevant legal materials, including statutes, cases and secondary sources that are necessary to effectively conduct legal research.
- To train NPC students to appropriately apply case law to the facts of hypothetical situations as they are likely to arise during the student's work as a legal professional.
- To ensure that NPC students are acutely aware of their ethical responsibilities as legal professionals, including their responsibilities, as paralegals and legal assistants, to avoid the unauthorized practice of law in their work environment.
- To expose all NPC students to the core legal subjects upon which many different fields of law are based.
- To allow students the opportunity to learn a variety of specialty and advanced legal skills that correspond to their particular interests and career plans.
- To provide degree students with a well-rounded education by supplementing their legal education with courses in other fields such as business and the liberal arts.