Quick, affordable medical training for: dental assistant, medical assistant, respiratory therapy, nursing, radiography, massage therapy, pharmacy technician, physical therapy, phlebotomy, veterinary technician, online education and more.History and Philosophy Welcome to Pima Medical Institute. The history of our school is a success story that has its roots in the vision of its founders, a dynamic husband and wife team. In January 1972, Richard Luebke, Sr. and JoAnn Luebke began their dream of offering quality medical career education in Tucson, Arizona. Their dream quickly became a reality, as the demand for affordable training grew.
By January 1983, the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools approved PMI for accreditation. With the heightened need for high quality medical career training, additional campuses were introduced:
Albuquerque, NM – 1985
Mesa, AZ – 1986
Denver, CO – 1988
Seattle, WA – 1989
Chula Vista, CA – 1998
Colorado Springs, CO – 2002
Las Vegas, NV – 2003
Renton – 2004
East Valley – 2008
Houston – 2009
Not much has changed philosophically since we opened our doors to students in 1972. Guided by our belief that the seeds for future growth must be planted in the classroom, PMI has become one of the leading medical career colleges in the western United States. Our students can choose either Certificate or Associate Degree Programs. Thousands of students graduate each year from Pima Medical Institute and the majority of those graduates are placed into jobs. Now, that’s significant.
We’re more than a vocational school. We provide life-altering opportunities that turn our students into competent medical professionals who can meet the expectations of 21st century employers.
Our mission is to improve the quality of people’s lives by providing the best value in medical career education.
Accreditation, Licensing and Approval Information
Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
The proof of our quality training comes from being evaluated by our academic peers. Licensing Agencies include:
- Washington State Workforce Training and Education Coordinating
- State of New Mexico Commission on Higher Education
- Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education of CA.
- Colorado Department of Higher Education Division of Private Occupational Schools
- Arizona State Board for Private Post Secondary Education
- State of Nevada Comission on Postsecondary Education
Selected Programs Approved for the Training of Veterans:
- The Arizona Veterans Service Commission.
- The Washington Veterans Service Commission.
- The Colorado State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training.
- The New Mexico Veterans Service Commission.
- Chula Vista Department of Veterans Affairs
Department of Consumer Affairs
- The respiratory programs at the Chula Vista, Denver, Las Vegas, Mesa, and Tucson campuses are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
1248 Harwood Rd
Bedford, Texas 76021-4244
- Radiography Program accredited by the Joint Review Committee for Education in Radiologic Technology.
- Ophthalmic Medical Assisting and Technicians Programs accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Ophthalmic Medical Personnel.
- Committee on Dental Auxilaries Board of Dental Examiners
1427 Howe Avenue, Suite 58
Sacramento, CA 95825
Further Accreditation, Licensing and Approval Information